Resurrecting a wrecked 3rd gen! - Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums
User Tag List

LinkBack Thread Tools
post #1 of 4 Old 06-09-2017, 09:22 AM Thread Starter

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Resurrecting a wrecked 3rd gen!

Hello to all.
I've been riding motorcycles since I was 4 years old and genuine love for all things two wheeled!!
I'm in the process of scooping up a 2012 Z1000 that has been wrecked. The price is right, so its coming home.
At first glance it will need at minimum, a frame, front suspension, fuel tank, header, and I'm certain some other bits and pieces to even be considered ready for a slow test run. I am new to the Kawasaki game and need any and all advice and input to help me round up the parts and bits needed to make this happen. Firstly, a quick search for a used replacement frame yielded me nearly nothing giving the feeling that I may have to consider welding up the current frame if possible. The front suspension got me a couple hits and am wondering what other bikes I could source suspension parts from to get it done.
I will have many other questions I'm certain of that, but this outta do for now.
Thanks for the ad!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 Old 06-09-2017, 09:38 AM

Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Quoted: 58 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by throttle out View Post
Hello to all.
I've been riding motorcycles since I was 4 years old and genuine love for all things two wheeled!!
I'm in the process of scooping up a 2012 Z1000 that has been wrecked. The price is right, so its coming home.
At first glance it will need at minimum, a frame, front suspension, fuel tank, header, and I'm certain some other bits and pieces to even be considered ready for a slow test run. I am new to the Kawasaki game and need any and all advice and input to help me round up the parts and bits needed to make this happen. Firstly, a quick search for a used replacement frame yielded me nearly nothing giving the feeling that I may have to consider welding up the current frame if possible. The front suspension got me a couple hits and am wondering what other bikes I could source suspension parts from to get it done.
I will have many other questions I'm certain of that, but this outta do for now.
Thanks for the ad!!
The Ninja 1000 (not the ZX-10R) will have the same front suspension. Good luck on the frame.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 Old 06-11-2017, 03:44 PM

Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by throttle out View Post
Hello to all.
Thanks for the ad!!
I know bikebandit.com has a tnak for my 2007 Z1k, so I'm sure it will for the 2012. Good luck with the rebuild, sounds like a lot fun!

post #4 of 4 Old 06-11-2017, 09:53 PM Thread Starter

Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Thanks for the response fellas!
Got the bike home today and got it 75% tore down.
The frame is absolutely trashed, the lower engine case is also toast, looks like one fork may have survived but the other is bent for sure, bars plastics fairing stay/ headlight mount all toast. I snagged this thing for $300 so keep that in mind. It has 6,000 miles on it and was well cared for by the original owner efore the crash. I intend to have this bike back on the road in as good or better than new condition.
I'm officially on the proul for a frame, engine case, and a fork and triple trees for a gen 3. Heres the pics from today!
Cheers
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Kawasaki Z1000 Forum: Kawasaki Z1000 Motorcycle Forums forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page