Kawasaki Z1000 Forum banner

Tires on the z1000

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  acalliste 
#1 ·
Would you ever change out the tires on you z1000?

#3 ·
What do you mean? Like, actually do the work myself, or change the brand/manufacturer of the stock tire brand??

I change brands all the time. Heck, the stock rubber isnt all that good. I tend to like Metzelers and Pirellis.

#4 ·
I think he means actually getting a different set of tires and replacing the stock ones. Not doing the actual work on the bike. Most stock rubbers on any bike or car are rarely the best. Some of them are really good but you can always replace them with better ones for the right price.

#8 ·
He's rite Dude....You'll never get that many miles out of a set of bike tires....at best... I have gotten 12,000 on a front and 6 to 8000 on a rear...and that's being gentle.
Now-a-days it's more like 3 to 5000 on a good tire...just went to an Avon Storm 2 Ultra Tri-Compound and I'm sold on them...Great tires!

#11 ·
I was gonna say, those must be some hard a$$ tires, touring tires maybe. lol

The stock tires on the Z1000 I rode did well, but if I owned one, I'd put Metzeler M3s on it when the tires wore out, just because I love them and have been using them almost exclusively for the last 5 years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.